Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wow I really love our neighborhood

So i recently discovered that our neighborhood has a blog. Yes this is awesome! I posted something on there for lilly's bday. We posted that we want to meet people with young children and invited them all to come celebrate lilly's birthday( yes it was in dec but we didn't do the party yet) in the park with us tomorrow. We are getting a few of the 5 dollar pizza's from little ceasers and some cupcakes from the store because i have had to work the last three nights and don't get off till 9 am tomorrow morning. So I'm going to get a small nap in then head to the park and see who shows up. We already got a couple comments on that blog on our post. One lady wanted to come and has a three year old little girl too but has to work. She suggested that sometime we could have a potluck because they haven't been able to meet very many couples to hang out with either. I thought that was a nice idea so we might do that in the future. Tomorrow is the only day for a while that me, allan, and aaron all have off of work at the same time. I'm still holding my breath that my work schedule might change a little. I like my job alot but i want to be more involved in the patient care and working nights I'm not very involoved. I get the weird things that happen and get alot of people that can't sleep but thats about it. ;-)
So anyway I'll let you all know how our spontaneous birthday party goes tomorrow. I'm wondering who will show up. Kind of exciting to meet some new people. I'll take some pictures of the queen birthday girl. lol.

4 comments:

TheMasonBunch said...

What a great idea. I know you'll have a wonderful time. Happy Birthday Lilly!

Kerri said...

A neighborhoood blog...how cool is that! I long to live in a close knit neighborhood. Mine...is not so much. We live in a development...but not many couples that are our age with kids our son's age. And lots of older people and people that seem like they don't want to be bothered. I love our house...I just wish we could pick it up and move to another area! You guys are really fortunate!

Nicolle said...

Hi! That is very cool that your neighborhood has a blog. I have searched and searched for something similar for ours. I really only hang out with one neighbor, across the street. I'd love to meet other moms with little ones! I hope the birthday party goes well! :)

paige said...

That's really cool that your neighborhood has a blog. What a great way to meet new people. Can't wait to see how everything goes. :) Happy late birthday to the little one.