well i went to the doctor today. it was a waste of time. let me tell you how it went. here are the highlights. My apt time was 9 am. i got there at 845. there was maybe two other ladies in there. at 9ish one lady that was very pregnant got up and went to the front desk and said she thought they may have forgotten her. they apologized and said she should have been taken back by now and two minutes later she was taken back. by around 930 i was feeling like they forgot me cause about 5 more couples or ladies had came in a snd went back but i was the only one still sitting out there. im not sure what time they actually took me back but they finally did. now i went to the va last week and they confirmed my pregnancy and did a ton of labs. i made sure this office had gotten those labs. well the first thing they asked me to do was pee in a cup and i just couldnt. i had already went three times at home and was empty cause the va said they couldnt do routine labs there in the office so i wasnt expecting to have to provide anything. so i came out told them i couldnt go she said i would need to before i left. so then i went in the room a girl came in and asked me about 10 questions and said she would be right back. i was begining to feel forgotten about when she finally returned asked about 5 more questions then told me to undress and gown up.. then i waited not so comfortably in those tiny paper gowns on an uncomfortable table and it took ten years again when the same ding dong girl came in and said she was real sorry but she needed me to get dressed and go pee before the doctor could or would see me. apparently they have to have a positive test in their office. so i was so annoyed at this point and i got dressed went out there where another too cheery brat girl said n all ready to pee?" well after i nearly killed her with my icy death stare and all but hurled out "no! i still cant pee how about a drink?" so they scrambled and got me some water and i drank some then they finally got what they needed. then they sent me back in the room to gown up agaian. the doctor was forever busy but finally showed up. the basics of it are i didnt get anything done, i did not see my lab results the doctor didnt even know they had been sent over but she said she looked at them when she left the room and came back and that my blood levels are fine. not really sure what that means exactly but i was too annoyed to talk to her much longer. she felt my uterus said it wasnt too enlarged and she thinks im probably y and a half weeks. so she scheduled an ultrasound for next friday. on a different note allan called me today. it was very good to hear from him. he is hanging in there keep him in your prayers. keep me in your prayers too my hormones may get the best of me right now. im either sad or mad right now.. lol. or tired mostly always tired. im tired of being tired. and grumpy
This first one is of my sister Joelle. She and I went to downtown phoenix the other day and had thai food. It was really yummy. I took pictures of the plates of food but they got deleted for some reason. Anyway if your ever in downtown phoenix go try the THAi Elephant. It's really yummy. This next one is of me and allan the night before he left. WE went on a double date with anna and jeff to this really swanky brazilian steakhouse. They had cards on the table that you turned over to the green side if you wanted to be served. Then they run around with these huge spears of meat. It was delicious. It was definetly up my husbands alley cause he is a meat and potatoes kind of guy but It was a neat restaraunt. Its called Fogo de Chao if your in the scottsdale area and perfer something dressed up. They had rolls royce's in the parking lot so i mean fancy when i say fancy. I think we were a bit under dressed. lol. I tried to get a picture of the waiters bringing the meats around but it was kind of dark in there. This is our adorable Emma. I got her hair cut the other day for her and then we curled it when she got home. Isn't it too cute. WE got layers in there and so when you curl it with rollers it really looks cute as a button.
Okay and last but not least. I made the muffins everyone is raving about. I saw them on a few different blogs. They are super simple. a yellow cake mix and a can of pumpkin( 15 oz) mix together and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. I put cream cheese icing on ours and they are pretty darn yummy. Just enough pumpkin to make it feel like a great falll treat.
That's how it has been since allan left on saturday morning. We have been hitting and missing each other with skype calls. He has emailed though and he is now safe on his rig off the west african coast. He got there this morning. That's some traveling huh? He left sat morning at 7 am and got to the rig on monday morning sometime. Last night he ws in a hotel. It was a hilton somewhere in equatorial guinea. I think the city is Malabo. Anyway he is on the rig now and they are towing out to where they are going to drill and he said he will be working days for a bit then he is going to switch to nights. He has actually emailed me 6 times so i don't feel disconnected that bad. He tried skyping a few times but like i said we kept missing each other but just because we both weren't sitting down at the computer at the same time. He did try calling last night while he was at the hotel too. So i feel pretty in touch still. Its hard to figure out how to talk with an 8 hour time difference. I have to count it out each time to think about what time it is there. LOL. Its 630am here and so it's 230 pm there. Just a little adjustment to get use to . Ask me why i'm up?? BEcause this baby wont let me sleep. Okay its way to early to feel it kick or anything like that but i'm still blaming this kid. I can't seem to get comfortable at all. Also i get up at least 2 -3 times a night to go pee. What in the world am i going to do when this kid is big and pressing on my bladder.. I keep getting up super early no matter what time i go to bed. Its not really anything in particular waking me up just a general uncomfortableness. Has anyone had a 4d ultrasound. I guess they show it in 3d pictures and show it moving in realtime.. something like that? I think my obgyn offers this. I just wondered if it was really neat or what. We had 3d pictures of lilly whne she was in there and YOu could see her alot better. She was sucking her thumb and you could make out everything. So I just wondered. Anyway I have to go get emma up soon for school. She stayed the night last night so I have to drive her to school this morning. The girls had alot of fun playing. THey mostly fight these days it seems like to me but Emma keeps asking to stay more nights and Lilly begs to see emma and give her the biggest hug when she does see her. I guess they fight but they are still sisters in the end. LOL.
Okay so we may not be paying atention to that tracker on the top of my blog.. Yeah i went to the VA yesterday and it looks like it is all going to work out. They did tellme i can pick my own doctor and that they will pay for it. ( i'm a pessimist so i'm going to keep doubting until i actually see paid bills). But i called my doctor and they do take VA payments. So while i was at the VA they confirmed i was pregnant. I also had a pap, a culture, 7-8 tubes of blood taken, and peed in two cups. Nice huh? lol I think they like to test you for everything if you haven't been there and well i never registered with them and have been out for 4 years now so they had some catching up to do I guess. So everything went fine. They said that everything can be done at my own doctors except routine labs like the glucose tolerance test. So I'll probably have to go back to the va a couple of times for that stuff but everythign else can be done at the doctors. So going back to what i said about not paying attention to that ticker.. The VA doctor would not give me a due date. HE said he couldn't be 100% positive if i was 4 weeks or 8 weeks. He thoguht that my uterus could be enlarged enough to represent 8 weeks and the fact that my tests read very early and that i had breast pain may mean that i'm 8 weeks. He said its very unusual for girls to have breast pain before a missed period. I'm not sure i follow him on that one. I'm thinking it's pretty normal. So anyway we get to find out for sure hopefully on friday this coming week. I go to the regular obgyn and hopefully they will do an ultrasound or at least see if there is a heart beat cause by 8 weeks there should be a heart beat for sure. ;-) I"m sure they will figure it out for me. So that is my baby update. !
I saw this over at pickles and cupcakes blog and thought I would do it too.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 8am...the real time i actually got up. But I was up roaming around the house at 4am. I just can't seem to sleep right now. I always feellike taking a nap but I don't but then i can't sleep at night either.
2. How do you like your steak? I"m not really a steak dinner kind of girl. OR meat in general so i'm defintely a well done person. I think if it's burned that's ok.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? crap it's been a while now. We have to free coupons right now to go and we haven't went. I want to see the help but i think i want to read the book first. Other than that i don't even know whats out.
4. What is your favourite TV show? WEll I've been totally in love with true blood, before that i was going thru the nip tuck episodes. This fall all my regular shows come back on like desperate housewives, grey's anatomy, house, private practice. ( i did watch one tree hill.. i admit it.)
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? somewhere with four seasons and huge yard so i can have a garden. Probably in the south or east coast somewhere.
6. What did you have for breakfast? I haven't had anything yet and I'm starting to feel sorry about that. (this baby does not like it when i don't have something in there)
7. What is your favorite food? umm i love pizza, a good chicken salad, baked potatoes with all the toppings, southern barbque ( i know i said i didn't like meat but southern bbq is so sweet it doesn't taste like meat) i like american/mexican food ( like tex mex)
8. Foods you dislike? sea food. wont touch it! gag!
9. Favorite place to eat? I tried CArraba's the other day and it was so tasty I can't wait to go back. But i also love joes bbq in downtown gilbert.
10. Favorite dressing? honey mustard
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? a VW Jetta
12. What are your favorite clothes? well anything comfy. I guess soon it will be anything that "fits"
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? I'd love to see paris, but i want to take allan to somewhere tropical for a vacation. We never really went on a honeymoon so I'd like to go even if it's to hawaii. Thailand is the place i likes the best when i was in the military. I'd like to go there again.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 full...
15. Where would you want to retire? IN a small town on the outskirts of a bigger town. Where you know people and they know your kids. With a garden and flowers.
16. Favorite time of day? i'm most productive in the morning, but i like the evening when I get " me " time.
17. Where were you born? san diego, CA
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? not a huge fan but I don't mind watching football on tv and I like kentucky basketball.
19. What is your favorite fragrance? I love candles that smeel like you just made a cake or pie or cookies. sweet smells that you could eat.
20. What is your favorite face cream? i don't use face cream that much but i did get some that i love and can't remember the name. I"m going to have to start using it more.
21. Favorite baby/kids products? these raspberry pacifiers that the kids chew on and teeth on. They were the only ones lilly used.
22. People watcher? yeah they amuse me.
23. Are you a morning or night person? morning
24. Do you have any pets? yep, rocky the horror dog i'd like to get rid of.. blah blah blah. Yes i'm not a dog girl. He is big and clumsy and chews still. However, my family loves him and he swims in the pool by himself so that's kinda cool so for now i'm stuck with him.
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? WEll I'm pregnant and my husband is starting a new job where he is going to be gone for a month at a time. So yes i guess that's exciting and nerverackin all at the same time.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? I don't really remember wanting to be anything. I dreamed of being a mom i guess till i was a teen ager then i wanted nothing to do with kids. Now i'm a mom and I'm a nurse and I'm okay with both. ;-)
27. What is your favorite memory? how on earth do you pick one? when my husband got on one knee, when lilly was born, when i graduated nursing school, oh gosh the list just goes on.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? see above. I am not an animal person. I love baby animals but I don't like them when they grow up to be puppies or teen cats.
29. Are you married? yes.
30. Always wear your seat belt? most of the time I do, but sometimes I don't
31. Been in a car accident? Yes. everyone wrecks me but luckily i haven't been too hurt. I also got rearended by an unisured motorist, I hit parked things. When i was a teen i backed up the care in the garage with the door open, as an adult i hit a parked car and a stop sign. see a trend here?
32. Any pet peeves? people being two faced and not just coming out with what is botherin them. If you have an issue just address it and move on. Keeping quiet and never telling the person what the problem is doesn't solve anything.
33. Favorite pizza toppings? pepperoni, sausage, onion, bell pepper
34. Favorite flower? gerber daisy
35. Favorite ice cream? pralines and cream from baskin robbins
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? arbys right now.
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? I did not fail.
38. From whom did you get your last email? well i get a ton of junk mail but i think it was allan.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? the nursery. I want to plant so many things right now but we are trying to save money and behave while allan is transitioning into this new job.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? not lately but I do have a spontaneous streak.
41. Like your job? yes. I'm begining to think I'm underpaid now and sometimes i feel like they take advantage of me but I generally do like it.
42. Broccoli? only with cheese in a casserole
43. What was your favorite vacation? thailand or australia or hawaii, or guam. oh i don't know.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? my sister and i had thai food yesterday downtown.
45. What are you listening to right now? the morning show
46. What is your favorite color? purple
47. How many tattoos do you have? 1 and i wish i didn't even have it.
48. Coffee drinker? no
49. Nicknames? not really
50. What are you doing next? going to make some breakfast for me and lilly
Saturday was spent just relaxing. Emma was over and allan got back from his trip to houston. He got in late on friday cause his plane was delayed. We didn't get home till almost midnight. BLAH.. I had worked all day so I was a little tired. So yes saturday was spent with the kido's and relaxing. We went to denny's for breakfast. I may have posted that the other day I thought a slim jim looked like a tasty morsel for breakfast.. Anyway, I stayed away and fought the urge for that slim jim breakfast but when we went to dennys I gave in to the cravings. I ordered the breakfast sandwich which was delicious but the idea of hasbrowns sickened me and the idea of seasoned fries sounded way better. The waitress looked at me a bit suprised but brought me my seasoned fries. lol. Today i gave in to thai food. I'm thinking i'm craving spicy stuff. Sunday we had a bbq. Lets see, john and serrah came with two little girls for emma and lilly to play with that's 4, plus anna and jeff brought their boy, 3 and sean and cynthia came 2, joelle, aaron, mom, me allan emma and lilly. oh and one more single guy named aaron came. so 8 so the total is 17 people. WE had chicken, brats, hotdogs, buffalo chicken dip( thanks mirya) beans, a huge fruit tray. It was fine. I think the troops went thru about 7 bottles of wine. lol. Everyone was celebrating my pregnancy and allan's new job. Allan leaves saturday for south africa! yikes!! Today, I went to the VA hospital. I heard that because i am a female veteran they can't deny me "female care" So if i got enrolled they would end up paying for my pregnancy. I hav enever even tried to use the health care benefits. I know there is a ton of fraud in it and well I've always considered myself lucky for not being disabled or hurt from my time in the military, so i have never even tried to get anything from them. But With allan starting a new job and not knowing if he is going to love it and keep it and not wanting to count on my own insurance because i may not be able to work that much... i thought it was worth a shot of seeing if i qualified. So off i went. I didn't stand in line like i thought i would have to. I took a number and was called up in about 5 minutes. The man was nice enough and asked me what i needed. I told him i wanted to enroll. He asked for my dd214. I provided it. He asked me other random and strange questions then asked me how much i made last year. I told him hardly nothing because i was in school and then didn't work. he went on typing.. Anyway something else came up and he told me i wasn't qualified. I decided to put on my big girl panties and tell him why i thought i did. I did not settle for a no. He caleld over his manager and i proceded to tell him that i was a combat veteran and did two deployments and I was told that they could not refuse giving me " female care".. he said that i was right but only if i qualified. He then looked over the papers, decided that i had some expeditionary ribbon that meant i was in " the war zone" or whatever and i would qualify. So... after telling them thank you for basically letting me chew them out and then seeing things my way.. I got enrolled and now have an apt for thursday to offically find out i'm pregnant. I do not want to have my baby at the VA hospital so if they tell me that's the only opition then we will figure something else out. So here is why that's exciting news though.. My friend anna had her baby this way. She still got to pick out her doctor as long as they took VA payments. So she got the doctor she wanted, the hospital she wanted and ended up paying 57 bucks for the food she ate while she was in there. That's all. I think that just for her husbands food actually. I don't know. but that's awesome right? Also they have a nurse call and check on you every month and they ask you if you want a breast pump. They pay for a 400 dollar pump. I know some people may have mixed feelings about this post like i'm cheating the government or whatever but I don't feel that way and won't publish any negative comments about that. I served for 8 years, I could have had babies while i was in but didn't. If i did they would have been completely paid for. There is a reason congress inacted this law that they have to treat female vets, so I'm using it. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but i honestly don't care. I was very healthy, didn't claim any service related injuries at all, always submitted to the navy's authority over my life, and i did do two deployments after 9/11/11.. so I'm using their healthcare and that's all there is to it, as long as i qualify. So after that we went downtown and i ate medium hot thai food. which made me drink alot of water but i food it very delicious. Joelle ( sister) is tinking about moving back to ky so i'm trying to show her some things while she is here. this post is long enough and I'm feeling pretty tired already these days. I'm waiting to start feeling peepy and normal. Right now I feel like i could always use a afternoon nap. so i'm indulging myself. nighty night.
I'm pooped! Yep. I went to work yesterday by 6 am which means i got up at 4am left the house by 5. Then half way thru the day a nurse called in sick. WEll they tried for the next few hours to find another nurse to come in.. didn't happpen. I ended up having to stay till 10pm which means i didn't get home till 11. OH and the real kick in the pants.. I"m going in today at 8 which means i'm up now. This might not be that bad if i was my perkier self but I gagged on my toothpaste this morning ( pregnancy symptoms) I'm super tired like i need a nap everyday, and I went to bed with my hair wet which always makes me have a runny nose in the morning. So I'm blowing my nose a million times, trying not to gag, thinking that i have to get somethign in my belly or it is not going to be a pretty ride to work, and wondering how i'm going to get thru today and all the way to picking up allan at the airport tonight at 930pm which makes me not get back home and in bed till at least 11 again tonight. Okay that was my whining for today. ;-( I am super excited to get allan home tonight. I miss my sweet husband. He has a date to leave for his new job now. Did i mention this yet? I can't remember. Anyway he leaves on the 23rd. Which gives us basically this weekend only to hang out and celebrate being pregnant. he will only be gone for 3 weeks though and then home for 3, so it will be okay just a little nerveracking going into the unknown. Isn't it always scary when you don't know what is going on really. alright well i'm sure this post is very random and ridiculous but that is my mood this morning. sorry.. take it or leave it. lol.
This is the theme song from true blood hbo show. We have been watching it. Yes it's a vampire show. It's crazy, I know. My taste in shows has been weird lately. I just don't like all the reality tv that is out there. I get reality everyday I like a little weirdness from time to time. HAHA. Anyway this is my song of choice for this week. It's not lovey dovey or anything but it's the one i pick for this week. ENjoy. haha. find more music over at this blog..
Yes it's true. We are pregnant. I"m excited, allan's excited, lilly's excited well you get the picture everyone is excited. It's very early. I'm probably only 3 1/2weeks. I wasn't actually expecting to get a positive because I thought it was just too early to test. But I took one because I had some symptoms that I though could be related. And sure enough the test that i had laying around from some other random time came back with a faint( very faint positive) So i told allan and he brought home digital ones that read pregnant or not pregnant and i took the one with my first morning tinkle and I had no real thoughts that it would read positive but sure enough it said PREGNANT on it. So I hvae taken two more since then of different brands because well.. i'm crazy paranoid and kinda can't believe it still so they have all came up pregnant so we are announcing it already! WE are pregnant. I'm goign to wait till the end of the week and then call to make my first apt with the obgyn that I like here. Ill be keeping everyone posted on how things are going. Please keep us in your prayers. The first trimester is always the trickiest I think. ;-)
Today it's down to low 100's which is feeling good. I finished my finals in my community nursing class. I'm just waiting for the grade to come out. I think I might get a B which i'm fine with. I had a 98% going into the final but I really just could not get motivated to write a huge long final so I kinda just wrote a bunch of crap down and sent it in. LOL. So I'm guessing my grade may go down to a B. Allan is taking Emma to school right now. I guess we are going to pick her back up this afternoon and have her one more night. We want to play hookey from school tomorrow and go to fossil creek but once again I'm not sure if we will have time to do this or not. We will see. Allan should be finding out some things about his new job today hopefully if not tomorrow. We are kinda just on hold it seems. I'm working thursday and Saturday. Joelle is here and she got a job. I'm not even sure if i mentioned this before.. lol. Our life is just a whirlwind right now. My sister is staying with us for a while. She got a little job already but she wants to find a different one. She took the first one she was offered even though it's not what she wants. She can understand the importance of having an income. So she is working at BEVMO. Its a big huge wine store. She only wanted part time so she would have time to look for a different job but they keep giving her like 33 hours instead of 20ish. lol. I think she is going to go try and find a waitressing job. She likes making tips and thinks she will make a lot more doing that. I'm thinking that is probably true. So I'm going to take her to a couple of places today and see if she can get a job at one of them. WE will see, but at least she has a job in the mean time. sheww.. It's nice having her here. She helps cook, she is quite neat not a slob by any means, she is also on a healthfood kick so that is good for me. ;-) We went on a walk last night and took the girls to the park to play for a bit. Anyway I just really enjoy having her here. Its nice to have someone in the house while allan is gone on night shift or when he is gone with this new job. Okay well I'm going to get off here and go get some things done today. have a good one!
2 cups sugar 2 cups flour 1 can (20oz) crushed pineapple 2 eggs 1 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. vanilla
Mix ingredients by hand and pour into 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Frosting 1 pkg. cream cheese (do not use fat free cream cheese..your frosting will be very lumpy!) 1 stick butter 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar 1 tsp. vanilla
I have served this a few times and I'm making it today. I got it off a blog on here and I have to say it is turning into a family favorite. So I'm passing it on. ;-) the blog i got it from is here http://thepleasuresofmylife.blogspot.com/search?q=pineapple enjoy!
Off to work again. Crazy tired this morning. Not that I have all that much traffic during the workweek cause I leave at 5am but today there is NO traffic. So my sister got a job. She is working at a big wine store called bevmo. She had her first day yesterday and all went well. She seemed a bit more cheery. I think its a step in the right direction. She also went and found out about a dental assistant program that she is thinking about starting in the spring. They had one starting in oct but she doesn't have any transportation yet. Its 5 days a week and I can't commit to taking her everyday. So she is going to save up the next couple of months then buy something to get around. Who is ready for football season? I am!
How random are my thoughts this am. Seriously my brain seems to hop from subject to subject never staying on one thing for very long. Well at least that's what its doing this morning. I'm going to chalk it up to needing sleep.I worked yesterday and today. Tomorrow I have to write a 10 page final for the class I'm taking. Blahh gag gag! Suprisingly enough it feels like getting my bsn took way less time than my associates. I mean it really did take less time but it has flown by. Don't get me wrong I'm really tired of taking the classes but when I think that this is basically the last school semester it feels like it has went fast.
On a different note, I have my first trach patient at work. My friend niki has worked there 15 months and she has never had to take care of a person with a trach yet. I have to say that its something that is very intimidating when u haven't worked with them at all. The pt is a very sweet thing. Probably the best pt for me to learn on. I learned the stuff in nursing school but I only practiced on a dummy in lab. We suctioned them and cleaned them etc but its so different with a real human that can cough gag and breath. I first went in the room with the dr and speech therapist. Who all in all just said a bunch of big words and then freaked me out because they were talking about some part that if inflated would kill the patient in 3 minutes. Umm pretty sure I didn't hear about that in school so umm excuse me but can I see that part again so I know what not to tough.. lol oh the adventures of being a new nurse. Lucky for me I have a pretty experienced boss or two and they came that afternoon and saw that I was a little unsure of what to do with the care of this thing so they busted out a full on hands on lesson and now I feel comfortable. They are pretty simple but but still there's something about fake airways that gives me a chill. I guess its a good thing. Can't be too careful.
So on that note its time for me to get to work. Have a great day!
I graduated Nursing school last year and started back for my BSN. Our family moved to phoenix after i graduated and so we are making a new life here. So between a new place, a new job, and raising kido's theres always a whirlwind of stuff going on in our life and you can read about it here.