Thursday, April 2, 2009

sooo I've been a big winner!

Yes i went to bingo last week and i won 200 bucks. I went back this week and i won 100. So i think I" m going to go back tonight and see if i can't win again. It's not bad being on a roll like this. lol.
I"m still totally set on OR so far. I just loved being in there and i'm really looking forward to my next clincal day on tuesday. I haven't felt this way about any part of nursing yet. I did the rehabilitation center here in town and it was a really nice facility but I just wasn't that into it. I did the medical unit in the old hospital here in town and it was OKAY... not my favorite but i didn't love the instructor at that one either. Then i just did the nursing home and that really wasn't my cup of tea. I'm so glad there are good nurses that want to do that but it wasn't right up my alley if you know what i mean. I didn't think i was bad at any of it i just didn't fall in love with it. I fell in love with the OR the minute i stepped in there. I don't know if this feeling will last but I hope it does.
I also have a new blackberry that i fell in love with too. lol I don't know why i didn't get one of these forever ago. I mean you know when you get something new and you start thinking how did i live without this before? i have that feeling. It is way handy to be able to look up medical stuff anywhere i am. It's great. I'm looking for some good applications for it. I want one that has all the normal labs and medicines. HOpefully I will have a good grasp on labs by the time i'm done with this clinical rotation cause the teacher really stresses them and she is a great source of info. She seems alot more like a doctor in the amount of knowledge she has but her husband is a cardiologist at the hospital and she use to work in ICU so i imagine she does know a thing or two about a thing or two. lol
Lilly is doing good. Busy busy busy as usual. She has been trying to get rid of a cold for a week at least if not two. It's sounding alot better than a few days ago. She wasn't sleeping very well cause the congestion was in her chest and making her cough a bunch. Last night she slept from 9pm till 630am so maybe we will be on the healing track now. Allan and I have alot of work to do in the next week or two. We are going to have to straighten out all the dirt we dumped in the front yard so we can plant the grass. WE also have to get back down to the basement and get that going again. We are almost ready to drywall. I really want the basement semi done before emma comes this summer so that we will have an extra family room. Anyway, I have to get to cleaning up around here. Allan is on his way home and the house is a mess from little lilly's toys everywhere and i think i smell a very stinky diaper.. thank you lilly!
Hoope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you about the job. I am excited to get out of the house :) What blackberry did you get??