Friday, January 2, 2009

Year in Review..

Goodbye 2008 and Hello 2009. 2008 wasn't that bad really. We got use to having our precious lillypad around and we watched her grow from a tiny little baby into a little one that crawls and gets into every drawer, cabinet, closet, etc.. One that throws things in the toilet and does a dance of joy watching it swirl around in there and one that slpashes in the dog water with glee as she throws the food on the floor. lol
We had an off moment when allan was in between jobs but he ended up getting one that paid way better and allowed us to do more things this year. I also started nursing school and finished what seemed like a never ending semester until it was over. lol
We had Aaron and my Mom come to stay with us which was an adjustment on everyone's part but it is going really well and i'm glad that i have someone who loves lilly so much watching her everyday. That is a huge blessing.
I'm looking forward to the future though. I want to see liz's little baby born this year. I'm looking forward to only having one more semester this time next year in the nursing program. I'm really looking forward to going on some vacations. I think we are planning one to allan's 10 year reunion in N.D. in july. That should be fun if we get to go. I want to see just what buelah is like. Finacially I'm hoping to get both vehicles paid of this year along with some other things. I can't wait to see what this year brings. I'm praying for our country and for all our friends and family to have a wonderful new year!
Today has been super busy. I made up a few dinners for liz's freezer and got her a couple bags full of suprises for the new baby. I don't know if i'll be able to help too much when classes start again on the 12th. I have school everyday of the week except thursday so that doesn't leave much time for my own family little long anyone else's. I still wanted her to know that i was thinking about her and i'm excited about this new baby though. I also went around town paying our mortgage and school tuition. I can't seem to think of what else i did but i sure am tired so it must of been alot. lol.. I know i made chicken nacho's for dinner. They were really good. I put about 4 chicken breast cut into chunks into the crock pot and then stirred in a whole packet of chicken taco seasoning then put enough water to cover them. I cooked them on high till it was boiling then i turned it on low the rest of the day. I ended up draining it a little and shredding the chicken. The boys here went on and on about how good the chicken was and it sure did make the house smell yummy. I would suggest this easy trick for chicken taco's or nacho's or whatever kind of mexican dish you want to make with chicken.
I finally got lilly down. She has been wanting to take a few steps. She only takes about 1 1/2 and then falls down or sits down but she is interested in walking it seems. YOu have to encourage her and keep helping her back up to the standing position and cheering her on but she gets so happy about it. It's very cute and I think by the end of the month she may be walking. Who knows though. If not this month definetly next month I would guess. She is the fastest crawler I have ever seen so she needs to start walking. HAHA.
Okay Off to bed I go. hello 2009 Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: